- This event has passed.
ACHENTX Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course
April 9 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Due to the high volume of requests and for those who missed one of the earlier opportunities, ACHE of North Texas’ Student Council is once again partnering up with Leaning Towards Change, LLC to offer a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification course. The Yellow and Green Belt courses are healthcare specific, providing examples of real healthcare experiences. You will learn about lean six sigma and how to eliminate wastes, errors, and inefficiencies in healthcare environments, such as clinics or hospitals.
This will be a one-day Yellow Belt course, April 9, 2022, 9am-6pm (including breaks).
(Be sure to watch future announcements for a Green Belt Certification Course as well. Note: You will need your Yellow belt first to be able to register for the Green Belt session.)
• Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course e-book
• Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam
• Simulated Project
Course Instructor: Tanya Stinson
Virtual Platform: Zoom
Hi there! My name is Tanya Stinson and I would like to tell you a little about myself. I have a Master’s degree in Healthcare Quality and Safety, a Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma, and 14 years’ experience in leading, coaching, and mentoring professionals in completing Lean Six Sigma, Quality, Compliance, Risk and Safety projects. I have a well-rounded and knowledgeable skill set, as I have worked in various industries, such as mining, utilities, manufacturing, technology, and healthcare. I am passionate about helping others by sharing with them what I have learned and creating positive changes within any organization.
I have been working for Texas Health Resources since June 2017. Currently, I am a Supervisor of Data Governance Support for THR and before my recent promotion, I was a Performance Improvement Engineer/Coach. Since working with them, I have received several awards and accolades. Here are just a few of the recognitions I have received:
• 2020 ACHE of North Texas Mentor of the Year
• Trailblazer Award – Texas Health Arlington Memorial, 2018 for Blood Culture Contamination Reduction Project
• Quality Award (2) – Texas Health Fort Worth, 2019 for Neonatal Extubation Process Improvement Project and “Let’s Get Moving” Patient Ambulation Improvement Project
• Discoverer Award – Texas Health Resources, 2019 for ED Discharge Scheduling Improvement Project
• Transformer Award – Texas Health Resources, 2020 for Interventional Radiology Throughput Improvement Project
Outside of work, I am a wife and mother of 4 handsome young men, and I love fishing, camping, and racing just to name a few!
Thank you so much for reading, and I hope that you are as excited about the upcoming classes as I am! I look forward to meeting every one of you and growing the passion for PI!