ACHE of North Texas Programs & Promotions
2018 Mentorship Program
The 2018 Mentorship committee is in full force. We have started the year off under the leadership of Chair Cardell Velez and Vice Chair Amy Walz, with a full-scale push to get experienced and new mentors to “pay-it-forward” for our future leaders. The program begins now, with applications currently being accepted, and runs through November 15.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor and helping shape the future of ACHE as well as giving back to the community and sharing your healthcare knowledge, this opportunity is for you! Mentors can develop into the experienced and trusted advisers that an early, mid, or mid-late careerist can turn to for objective, trusted, non-judgmental advice in a “safe space.” If this sounds like something you would like to do, please complete the mentor application and submit it to the ACHE of North Texas at firstname.lastname@example.org. This short document is due on April 23 and allows us to optimize our matching process.
Are you a student, early, mid, or mid-late careerist who needs some guidance in taking the next step? Would you benefit from the experience of someone who has been in your shoes in the past? Maybe a mentor is what you need. The Mentorship program is an incredible opportunity to build your network and develop a deep professional relationship. Please complete the mentee application and submit it to the ACHE of North Texas at email@example.com. Applications are due on April 13, applicants should be available for interviews in Arlington on April 24 and 25.
As of March 26, 2018, please note the following revised mentorship program guidelines and dates. Please discard the old criteria and deadlines reflected in the below linked guideline materials and applications.
- Mentees must still be members of ACHE, but they no longer must have been a member for a minimum of one year.
- Mentee Applications are now due no later than April 13th.
- Mentor Applications are now needed by no later than April 23rd.
- Mentee Interviews will now be conducted on April 24th and 25th.
- The 2018 Mentorship Program Orientation and Commencement will now be on May 10th.
- The program Graduation and Closing Ceremony will be on November 15th.