- This event has passed.
Webinar: Current Trends in Physician Compensation Enforcement & Fair Market Value
July 9 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
ACHENTX is partnering with Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C. to provide you this special educational Webinar.
About this Event
This presentation will focus on the key issues impacting physician compensation in recent years, including the regulatory requirements (Stark, Anti-Kickback), lessons learned from recent enforcement actions and self-disclosures, the mechanics of common compensation plans/models (shift, production, quality-based, hybrids, etc.), areas of potential risk (FMV, pooled productivity models, runaway compensation plans, common pitfalls, etc.), and the features of an effective physician contracting/ compensation process.
• Comments: Kiel Zillmer is an attorney in the Milwaukee office of Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C., the largest health care focused law firm in the country. Hall Render’s attorneys provide advice and counsel to many of the nation’s largest health systems, hospitals and medical groups on a variety of health care issues. Mr. Zillmer regularly counsels clients on compliance-focused physician compensation strategies nationally and is a frequent speaker on issues related to Stark Law compliance, medical group strategy, hospital-physician transactions, physician compensation and health care fair market value issues.
• Speakers’ Bios:
Kiel Zillmer counsels clients on a variety of health care issues, including hospital-physician arrangements and transactions, fraud and abuse, physician compensation and health care valuation issues.
Prior to graduating cum laude from Marquette University Law School, Kiel earned a master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. While in law school, Kiel served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Michael J. Gableman of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Wesley Sylla practices in the area of health care law with a focus on hospital-physician arrangements and transactions, fraud and abuse issues and corporate transactions. Mr. Sylla completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Minnesota in 2010 and graduated magna cum laude from the University of Illinois College of Law with a J.D in 2014.
• Presentation Learning Objectives:
- To understand the laws and regulations impacting physician compensation and how those laws have been interpreted and enforced by various governmental bodies
- To recognize the basics of compensation plans and recent trends in developing compensation models for healthcare entities
- To appreciate the importance of developing effective processes to support the introduction of new compensation plans and models