- This event has passed.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Course
February 20 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Due to the high volume of requests and for those who missed the opportunity last year, ACHE of North Texas’ Student Council is once again offering a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification course. (Be sure to watch for announcements later in the year for a Green Belt Certification Course as well. Note: You will need your Yellow belt first to be able to register for the Green Belt session.)
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course e-book
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam
- Simulated Project
Course Instructor: Tanya Stinson
Virtual Platform: Zoom
Hi there! My name is Tanya Stinson! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance! I would like to tell you a little about me. I have a Master’s degree in Healthcare Quality and Safety, a Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma, and 13 years’ experience in leading, coaching, and mentoring professionals in completing Lean Six Sigma, Quality, Compliance, Risk and Safety projects. I have a well-rounded and knowledgeable skill set, as I have worked in various industries, such as mining, utilities, manufacturing, technology, and healthcare. I am passionate about helping others by sharing with them what I have learned and creating positive changes within any organization.
In 2007, I was working at a coal mine, I had learned about Lean Six Sigma and was instantly attracted to the methodology. I immediately signed up to get as many certifications as I could get. These certifications along with others have helped me further my career in helping people, which is what I love to do!
I am a country girl, grew up on a small farm, and I live by old school values:
• Work hard, as others will see how valuable you are by showing them what you can do
• Respect and appreciate your elders and those who have come before me, as they have taught, molded, and mentored me into who I am today
• Love my country, and all who live in it, regardless of color or creed
• Have integrity and honesty, as a man’s word, or a woman’s in this case, is her bond
• Hard work and determinization speaks for itself, so always do my best no matter what
• Sharing what you learn, so my life is an open book, I love to help others to grow and be successful
• Have been blessed many times over the years and would like to bless others in return
Currently, I am a Performance Improvement Engineer/Coach with Texas Health Resources. I have been working for THR since June 2017. Since working with them, I have gotten several awards and accolades for the projects and people that I have coached, mentored, certified, and led. Here are just a few accolades that I have received:
• 2020 ACHENTX Mentor of the Year
• Trailblazer Award – Texas Health Arlington Memorial, 2018 for Blood Culture Contamination Reduction Project
• Quality Award (2) – Texas Health Fort Worth, 2019 for Neonatal Extubation Process Improvement Project and “Let’s Get Moving” Patient Ambulation Improvement Project
• Discoverer Award – Texas Health Resources, 2019 for ED Discharge Scheduling Improvement Project
• Transformer Award – Texas Health Resources, 2020 for Interventional Radiology Throughput Improvement Project
Outside of work, I am a wife and mother of 4 handsome young men, and I love fishing, camping, and racing just to name a few! If you like pitching horseshoes, playing dominoes, or cornhole, I am your gal! 😊
Thank you so much for reading, and I hope that you are as excited about the upcoming Yellow Belt classes as I am! I look forward to meeting every one of you and growing the passion you have for PI!