- This event has passed.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Course
Saturday, May 8, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Due to the high volume of requests and for those who missed one of the earlier opportunities, ACHE of North Texas’ Student Council is once again offering a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification course. (Be sure to watch future announcements for a Green Belt Certification Course as well. Note: You will need your Yellow belt first to be able to register for the Green Belt session.)
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Course e-book
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam
- Simulated Project
Course Instructor: Tanya Stinson
Virtual Platform: Zoom
Hi there! My name is Tanya Stinson! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance! I would like to tell you a little about myself. I have a master’s degree in Healthcare Quality and Safety, a Master Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma, and 14 years’ experience in leading, coaching, and mentoring professionals in completing Lean Six Sigma, Quality, Compliance, Risk and Safety projects. I have a well-rounded and knowledgeable skill set, as I have worked in various industries, such as mining, utilities, manufacturing, technology, and healthcare. I am passionate about helping others by sharing with them what I have learned and creating positive changes within any organization.
I have been working for Texas Health Resources since June 2017. Currently, I am a Supervisor of Data Governance Support for THR and before my recent promotion, I was a Performance Improvement Engineer/Coach. Since working with them, I have received several awards and accolades. Here are just a few of the recognitions I have received:
- 2020 ACHE of North Texas Mentor of the Year
- Trailblazer Award – Texas Health Arlington Memorial, 2018 for Blood Culture Contamination Reduction Project
- Quality Award (2) – Texas Health Fort Worth, 2019 for Neonatal Extubation Process Improvement Project and “Let’s Get Moving” Patient Ambulation Improvement Project
- Discoverer Award – Texas Health Resources, 2019 for ED Discharge Scheduling Improvement Project
- Transformer Award – Texas Health Resources, 2020 for Interventional Radiology Throughput Improvement Project
Outside of work, I am a wife and mother of 4 handsome young men, and I love fishing, camping, and racing just to name a few!
Thank you so much for reading, and I hope that you are as excited about the upcoming classes as I am! I look forward to meeting every one of you and growing the passion for PI!