- This event has passed.
Breakfast with the President – Nancy Vish, RN, PhD, FACHE & Facility Tour
Tuesday, February 16, 2016 @ 7:30 am - 9:00 am
Nancy A. Vish, RN, PhD, FACHE, is president and chief nursing officer for the Baylor Jack and Jane Hamilton Heart and Vascular Hospital. Since 2002, Dr. Vish has led north Texas’ first hospital dedicated solely to the care and treatment of heart and vascular disease. Her vision and commitment to quality, patient-centered care have enabled the hospital to become a destination of choice for patients in North Texas, across the state of Texas and from across the nation, seeking diagnosis and treatment for a wide variety of heart and vascular issues. Baylor Hamilton Heart and Vascular Hospital has become one of the leading heart disease research centers in the country thanks to Dr. Vish’s compassion and dedication to bringing tomorrow’s revolutionary cardiac interventions to patients today. Her laser-like focus on collaboration with world renown cardiologists, interventional cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons on the medical staff of Baylor Hamilton Heart and Vascular Hospital, has resulted in evidence-based care being delivered to every patient, every time. This has led to quality outcomes that consistently place Baylor Hamilton Heart and Vascular Hospital near the top of national quality performance metrics. Thanks to her experience as a nurse and her passion for leadership the hospital has earned many awards and recognitions, including:
- The Guardian Award for Excellence in Patient Satisfaction and the Beacon of Excellence Award in Patient Satisfaction from Press Ganey
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures from The Joint Commission
- Named one of the “Nation’s Best Cardiovascular Programs” by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Magnet® status for excellence in nursing services from the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Named to Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work list in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Texas Award for Performance Excellence, the state’s highest honor for quality and organization performance, from the Quality Texas Foundation
- 2014 Mission: Lifeline® Gold Achievement award from the American Heart Association for efforts to provide prompt, evidence-based care for heart attack patients.
Dr. Vish holds a doctor of nursing degree from Texas Women’s University, a master of science in nursing degree from Vanderbilt University and a bachelor of science in nursing degree from Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Prior to assuming her role as president/CNO for Baylor Hamilton Heart and Vascular Hospital, she was vice president of clinical operations/CNO for the hospital. She has also served as program manager/director for the cardiac cath lab, electrophysiology/PM(?) lab, coronary care unit and interventional cardiology unit at Baylor University Medical Center and as head nurse of the specialty care unit at St. Thomas Hospital in Nashville, TN. She began her nursing career at Presbyterian University Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA.
Dr. Vish has received many special honors during her career:
- Top 100 Women in Healthcare to Watch by Becker’s Hospital Review in 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Finalist for D Magazine Top Nurses-Administration
- Nominated to attend Leadership Dallas by the Dallas Chamber of Commerce
- Profiled by Health Leaders Media
- Great 100 Nurses of Dallas
Dr. Vish is a Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives, past president of the American Association of Critical Care Nursing (Dallas chapter), sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Scoiety, Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals, American College of Cardiovascular Administrators Society of Critical Care Medicine, Vascular Nurses Society, American Nurses Association, Texas Nurses Association and Texas Organization of Nurse Executives.